Wednesday, 15 June 2016

happy things


In an attempt to brighten up a bit of a grey Wednesday, here's what's been making me happy recently:

1. I had the loveliest dinner at Twist last weekend. It's a cosy, little, candlelit place in between Edgeware Road and Marylebone, not really somewhere you'd stumble across, you have to know it's there but perfect for a date. The waiter was super friendly, he made us feel genuinely welcome and was clearly passionate about the food he was serving, Good customer service makes such a difference! The food was delicious, we had wagyu beef, jamon, courgette flowers with ricotta, mint, lemon and honey, octopus with chorizo, scallops and cheesecake, all washed down with way too much wine. 

2. My boyfriend has finished his maths degree so we had our first weekend of being a normal (ish) couple. We've been dating nearly 8 months and had never stepped foot in a supermarket together before last weekend! I know it sounds super dull and this is going to make me sound like such a loser but it was kind of fun.

3. I tried out a new recipe (this Asparagus and Ricotta Lasagne) which is always a bit of a risk but I'm pleased to say it was a winner. 

4. I went for a swim for the first time in ages and it feels good to switch things up fitness wise.

5. My skin is looking pretty clear at the moment. I never really had any problems with it up until September last year, when I started getting breakouts of really red spots around my nose and mouth. Whilst I know it could have been a lot worse, it really dented my self-confidence. Nothing seemed to help, I tried giving certain foods up and using different products. I honestly have no idea why it's been better recently but I'm just enjoying it whilst it lasts in case it starts playing up again. No-one should be having to fight wrinkles AND spots - it seems so unfair!

6. My friend got engaged and I'm so happy for her because I know she's wanted it for a while. In fact this was the case with quite a few of my friends, where the girl wanted to get married and the guy put it off, what's up with that?

7. First Dates is back. Yay! Love this show!

8. We went to Fork to Fork food festival, whilst not quite up to Taste of London, it had some pretty impressive restaurants for what is effectively a school fundraiser.

9. I've been ticking lots of things off my to-do list recently and there's nothing more satisfying than watching your to-do list shrink.

10. I said no to going to something and despite someone trying to guilt trip me into going, after the initial guilt wore off, I felt great. As an introvert I'm starting to realise it's really important I get enough time to recharge and I should totally do this more often!

So that's what's been making me happy. I'd love to hear what's been making you smile!




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!