Friday, 3 June 2016

happy things



Here are a few things that have been making me happy lately, to try and brighten up a bit of a grey and dull Friday morning!

1. The most beautiful new bed linen, not cheap but completely worth it! And totally justifiable when you think about how many hours use you get out of it (right? right? please say yes!). I love going to bed anyway because I'm about 90 years old at heart but these gorgeous new sheets are making me even happier about snuggling up at the end of the day. SO pretty :)

2. Porridge with a few slabs of dark chocolate melted through it topped with chopped banana and honey *drool*. How have I only just discovered this? Leon aren't lying when they say it's the porridge of the gods. And yes I know it's summer but have you seen the weather recently? Definitely still porridge weather.

3. Borough Market. I paid a visit (or should I say made a pilgrimage) last Saturday. Need I say anymore? I swear it's like my spiritual home.

4. Getting back into photography. I've been posting a photo to instagram every day and I'd forgotten how much I love it. It feels good to have a creative outlet.

5. Quiet by Susan Cain. I'm only about half way through but this book has already been life changing. It truly is a must read for everyone, introverts and extroverts alike. I genuinely think it should be on the school curriculum.

6. The sporting circuits class at my gym. There's no better feeling than endorphins buzzing around your body.

7. This Jamie Oliver Salmon and Couscous recipe. Healthy, quick and tasty - a winner all round!

8. Long walks in the country. With the weather getting (slightly) better I've been venturing back out into the beautiful Cotswold countryside. So good for the soul!

9. My boyfriend finishes his exams today which means I'm no longer a revision/study widow! Yay!

10. Day trips. I'm itching to get away somewhere but as I've only just got back from a week in Jordan earlier this month I couldn't really justify it so I visited Stratford-Upon-Avon last weekend for a day trip. I love wandering around and exploring new places.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!