Saturday, 8 November 2014

Old Spitalfields Market, Shoreditch


I love a good market, I don't quite know what it is but there's just something about wandering around them that I really enjoy and when I went to Shoreditch last Saturday I visited Old Spitalfields Market.  I've been a couple of times before and this has to be one of my favourite  markets in London (I think Borough would be my absolute favourite though - for me food wins everytime!). It's in a lovely setting, housed in beautiful Grade II listed Victorian buildings with shops and restaurants as well as stalls selling everything from clothes and art to cakes and jewellery. And if you didn't already have enough reasons to visit, bleecker st burger (who make the most amazing burgers) have a permanent food truck there too.












When I passed the Galeta stall I couldn't resist a dark chocolate brownie and it was SO GOOD, probably actually one of the best brownies I've ever had. It looks like you can order them through their website which is dangerous!


I'd love to hear where your favourite market is, whether it's in London or further afield - let me know!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!