Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Keu Deli, Shoreditch

One of the things I fell head over heels in love with about Vietnam when I visited back in May was the food. I've been craving it for a while since then but unfortunately there aren't any Vietnamese restaurants close to where I live. Luckily I was in Shoreditch on Saturday which seems to have some of the best Vietnamese food in London so the decision on what to have for lunch was a no-brainer. After a bit of research I decided to head for Keu Deli which is close to Old Street station and the internet didn't let me down. I had the Keu Sandwich with its classic combo of spiced belly of pork, ham terrine and chicken liver pate and although it wasn't quite as good as the Banh Mi I had in Ho Chi Minh, it was still very tasty. The cafe itself is small and cute with sleek black counters and seating and shelves stacked with quirky food and coffee products. I would quite happily have enjoyed my sandwich inside but as it was such a nice day I decided to make the most of it and sit outside in nearby Hoxton Square. It's a bit pricey at nearly £6 for a baguette but for me it was worth it and I would definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a good Banh Mi. Now I just need to find some good Pho and Bun Cha - if you've got any recommendations please let me know!



4 comments:

  1. Mm that looks delicious! Have you tried out the restaurant chain Pho? I have no idea how they compare to the 'real deal' but it's pretty yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of it but never tried it - good to know that it's worth a visit - thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love going out for Vietnamese food in Shoreditch (and then heading to the brilliant Lounge Bohemia for a cocktail after)! I think I've walked past that place a lot of times - I'll have to give it a go!
    Miranda xx http://mirandasnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I love cocktails so this is relevant to my interests - thanks for the recommendation! x

      Delete