Saturday, 20 September 2014

A foodie kind of Saturday {Borough Market & Maltby Street Market}

Today was a foodie day, which in my book is the best kind of day! I popped into Borough Market but only briefly because because it was heaving (note to self - go earlier next time!) and although the food is amazing it's not worth getting elbowed every two seconds for.












I then decided to venture to somewhere I have been meaning to go for a while - Maltby Street Market and I'm so glad I did! It was busy but not as crazy packed as Borough Market and it's in a lovely setting in a small street decked out with flags, alongside railway arches. It's mostly made up of food stalls but there were also stands selling flowers and soap.





















For lunch I had one of these bad boys (a cheddar and red onion with the optional bacon grilled cheese) from the Cheese Truck. It was amazing!



And if that wasn't heart attack inducing enough, I rounded lunch off with a triple chocolate brownie from Bad Brownie. I'm becoming a bit of a brownie connoisseur and this one scores highly! I'm going to have to spend every day in the gym next week to burn it off but it was totally worth it.


If you like food markets and you haven't paid Maltby Street a visit, I would absolutely recommend it! I'm definitely going to head back there soon as there was so much other stuff (like the scotch eggs and the African Volcano burgers) I wanted to try.

Hope you've all had equally lovely Saturdays!

1 comment:

  1. I am desperate to go to Maltby Street market! I'm not sure why I haven't made it there yet. it looks as good as I imagine - definitely worth a visit asap. Foodie days are the best days in my opinion! x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete