Sunday, 17 August 2014

Marylebone

I've mentioned before that I tend to avoid Oxford Street like the plague. I much prefer going to quieter spots like Marylebone High Street, which despite being just around the corner, seems like it is a million miles away and has almost a villagey feel to it.  It has a lovely bookshop with long oak galleries and beautiful skylights called Daunt Books. If like me, you're a bit of a bookshop geek (I don't know what it is about bookshops but there's something that soothes my soul whenever I step into one) and you haven't been, I would definitely recommend paying this place a visit. There aren't any of the big high street chains (Kensington High Street is good if you're looking for shops like Zara and H&M away from Oxford Street) but there are a few of the more high end high street stores like Whistles.  There is also a small farmer's market on a Sunday which makes it the perfect place for a mooch around.


























No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!