Sunday, 27 July 2014

This weekend I've been...

Drinking: Mojitos, haven't had one for ages but these are my favourite cocktail. 
Reading:  The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. I struggled with this book at first but I'm really getting into it now. I've just finished The Villa by Rosanna Ley and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a summer/ holiday read - it's romantic, compelling and provides a bit of escapism which I always love.
Having: a clear out of clothes, books and random clutter - so therapeutic but I've still got a long way to go!
Listing: some of my old stuff on ebay.
Feeling: like an old women after a  body pump class on Saturday and a 7k run on Sunday. But no pain, no gain right?
Eating: at Rabot 1745 Borough Market for my chocolate-obsessed friend's birthday. I wasn't expecting much from a restaurant run by a chocolate shop but I shouldn't have been so quick to judge. I had Seared Plantation Pork Terrine  with potato and white chocolate mousseline, summer beans and cacao-mint sauce   to start, followed by Roast Saddle of Rabbit boned and rolled in smoked bacon, ricotta and chickpea gnocchi, cacao nibs and pickled mustard seeds and then cacao nib infused Creme Brulee with mango papaya to finish and it was so delicious! The flavours were perfectly balanced and the food was presented beautifully.
Relearning: about aperture, shutter speed and ISO. I took a photography class a couple of years ago but I didn't keep it up and have forgotten everything I learnt. I'm really enjoying getting back into it now though.
Catching: up on my guilty pleasure, The Only Way is Essex. How cute are Elliott and Chloe as a couple? I know it's probably the lowest brow show ever but I do love a bit of trashy TV.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!