Sunday, 13 July 2014

Summer Streets - Love London Food Festival

Normally I avoid Oxford Circus like the plague. Unlike most girls I am not a fan of shopping (a fan of new clothes yes, just not shopping for them!) so fighting my way round the shops with millions of other people is not my idea of fun. However you'll soon come to realise that I can be lured pretty much anywhere with the promise of good food, so today I took myself down to the Love London Food Festival. As part of Summer Streets, for the second year in a row Regents Park is going traffic free every Sunday, with each day having a different theme. Last Sunday it was a garden theme, today it was food, next week it will be fashion and on the last Sunday it's going to be Magnum themed to celebrate their 25th birthday.  I was in heaven wandering around the stalls (and trying samples of course) provided by sixty of London's hottest food vendors and restaurants. It wasn't all about the food though, I caught an amazing dance performance by the City Academy (why didn't my parents take me to ballet classes, damn them, I'd love to be a dancer) and it made me smile to see people dancing in the street to a live band. And how could I forget the gorgeous huskies at the Ice Bar? If their owner wasn't holding on to them so tight I would definitely have stolen  them. All in all not a bad way to spend a Sunday!















City Academy dance performance






Lunch!



I want a dog! Would have loved to take this cutie home with me



Dancing in the street

Nope I've got no idea why this guy is wearing a superman t-shirt


Jive Aces


Super talented 13 year old busker

Liberty ice cream van

2 comments:

  1. Looks so much fun! Your writing and photos are so lovely :) clicked through to your blog from twitter! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie :) I love your blog, it's so beautiful and definitely part of what inspired me to start my own, so your kind words mean a lot x

      Delete