Wednesday, 2 July 2014

30 things to do before I'm 30

Not the most original post in the world but as I turned 29 yesterday here is a list of things I'd like to do before I'm 30. I know people generally don't like getting older but I feel a lot more confident, independent and wiser now then I did when I was in my late teens/early twenties, so I'm feeling excited about what the next year holds :)
  1. Run a 10 mile race.
  2. Travel to somewhere new in the UK. It seems crazy that I've travelled to so many places half way round the world but never been to Cornwall or the Lake District. Although someone did point out to me that this is actually the right thing to do and I will have plenty of time to go to these places when I have kids running about but still, one new place would be good over the next year.
  3. Take cookery lessons. I would love to do a course at Ashburton Cookery School.
  4. Travel to at least one other country I've never been to before.
  5. Eat some of the best food I've tasted in my life. 
  6. Buy a home. Please, please, please let me find somewhere soon!
  7. Be positive.
  8. Blog at least once a week.
  9. Improve my make up skills, more specifically perfect the arts of liquid eyeliner, blusher and contouring. There are so many tutorials on the internet that there is really no excuse for me not achieving this one.
  10. Take more photos and learn how to take completely manual photos on my DSLR.
  11. Eat more seasonally.
  12. Read at least one book a month.
  13. Go to a bikram yoga class (and not pass out!).
  14. Go to the theatre. I haven't seen a show in ages but I love it, especially musicals where you can't help but leave singing and dancing down the aisle and out the door.
  15. Improve my posture. I've got a serious girl crush on one of the ladies in my combat class who holds herself like a dancer and I'd love to learn how to do this.
  16. Try at least one new food a month.
  17. Start a course on nutrition.
  18. Wear lipstick - I never wear lipstick but it can look so pretty, especially red!
  19. Go on a date.
  20. Watch one of those TV series that everyone raves about that I haven't seen yet (so all of them!). Homeland would make sense as I already have it on DVD.
  21. Continue to work on improving my eating habits, more specifically eat more mindfully and focus on eating as many different types of nutritious food as possible. I have a tendency to wolf my food down (so attractive!) and eat the same thing every day.
  22. Go on a wellness/detox/yoga type retreat.
  23. Watch at least one film every month.
  24. Fall in love.
  25. Live more mindfully.
  26. Paint my nails at least once my week. A simple thing but having colourful nails makes me happy.
  27. Do at least one thing every day that scares me. Big or small I want to challenge myself and step outside my comfort zone more. I really do think that this is where the magic happens, cheesy but true.
  28. Continue to remind myself every day of the things I am grateful for.
  29. Volunteer or raise money for charity.
  30. Learn how to dress myself well and declutter my wardrobe.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!