Sunday, 8 June 2014

The Color Run - London 2014

Last Sunday I headed to to the iconic Wembley Stadium with some of my lovely colleagues and more than 17,500 others to take part in the happiest 5k on the planet, the Color Run. Apologies for the spelling of colour by the way apparently it's a US thing ;) The run isn't timed, so it's less about speed and more about getting as colourful as possible. Starting out in a gleaming white t-shirt, we were doused with coloured powder as we reached every kilometre. It was a lot of fun, if a bit embarrassing having to get the train home on my own with my face covered in brightly coloured dust, I certainly got a few strange looks! The powder got everywhere, it took a good long scrub in the shower to get it all off and I still found bright blue powder in my ear the next day :) It wasn't all about the fun though, so far we have raised over £600 for a very worthy cause, Cancer Research UK (our fundraising page can be found here).  I think I may have caught the running bug as I have signed up to do 10k at the end of June, I'd better get training! I'd love to do tough mudder or a half marathon, I just need to find someone as equally crazy to join me :)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!