Sunday, 22 June 2014

Taste of London 2014

How gorgeous has the weather been this weekend?!

I spent Saturday eating, drinking and celeb spotting at Taste of London with two very good friends of mine, Stella and James who I met a couple of years when I was travelling in China. Every year Regents Park is transformed into foodie heaven with 40 of London's hottest restaurants offering tapas size dishes. There are also 200 artisan food and drink providers, masterclasses, champagne and beer tasting and the opportunity to watch top chefs in action. I've been wanting to go for a few years now but never got round to it so was very, very excited when Stella suggested we go.

Here's the list of dishes I tasted and they were all delicious, I don't think I could actually pick a favourite.
  • Auction Against Hunger's 5 Star Haute Dog
  • Salt Yard's courgette flower with goat's cheese and honey
  • Shake Shack's Lil'Shack burger
  • Le Gavroche's pork cheek and belly braised in Belvenie whisky with soft polenta
  • A sample of Rossopomodoro's pizza, which I can confirm is, as they claim, the best this side of Naples
I washed it all down with a few pints of Pimms and finished off with a Jurrasic Jaunt from Purbeck Ice Cream which consisted of salted caramel ice cream made with cornish seasalt, a purbeck dark chocolate stick and fudges florentine - this was to die for!


I have it on good authority from Stella and James that the following dishes were also very tasty:
  • Barbecoa Short Rib - Worcestershire sauce and horseradish mash
  • Yauatcha Dim Sum Platter: scallop shui mai, venison puff, wild mushroom dumpling
  • Wasa Roll: shrimp tempura, quinoa, shisito, coriander, wagyu, chorizo, spicy mayo and red onion

Here's a shot of Michel Roux Jr who I may have developed a slight crush on. Not only is he an amazing chef but he spent hours signing books and having photos taken with fans. Love him! 



Although it was a bit pricey (tickets were £24 in advance and I spent £30 on crowns  which you have to use these to pay for all the restaurant dishes) I left rolled out four hours later a very happy and contended little foodie.

Sorry for the lack of photos, I got a bit over excited about all the lovely food and forgot that I was supposed to be taking photos. Ah well that just means I'll have to go back and try harder next year.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!